8/20/2005

Brock back at Cook Childrens Hospital: 'Stand by us, Oh Lord Jesus'


08/20/05, Sat., 10AM - Abilene here we come! It appears we will be heading home soon.
08/19/05, Friday, 5PM - Brock painted today for over an hour with friends Preston and Ryan. Currently, he is sitting up in a chair without oxygen or an IV by HIMSELF. We are happy. Praise God! The grandma's bought him a 'carebear' balloon. Can you believe it? We then, went out and got him a real mans balloon....a monster fire truck which he loves. Ha! Ha!
08/17/05, Wed., 11:30PM- They have moved Brock from PICU into a room tonight and his breathing continues to improve. Wow! Mom and Dad should get some sleep tonight, hopefully. Both grandmothers(Nickie and Valene) are still with them.
08/16/05,Tues., 11PM- What a great day! Brock stood up today and we had many friends and family bring encouraging words and food. Many laid hands on him and prayed for his healing. Brock is continuing to desire his pizza and blue kool aid jello.
08/15/05, Mon., 5PM - Brocks lungs and breathing have improved greatly so far since we have been here. This with very little intervention on the medical side of this battle. Prayers are being answered.
08/14/05, Sun., 11PM -They flew Brock from Abilene Regional Hospital to Cook Children's Hospital. After another MRI Sunday night at Cook Children's, the doctors once again have said they can do nothing to help Brock's condition. Show us Your Glory Lord Jesus.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Father-God manifest your mercy. Stretch out your hand and demostrate your power.

Anonymous said...

Jesus replied, "Didn't I tell you if you believe you would see the Glory of God"

Anonymous said...

We believe that Kevin Brock Latham will not die but live for the works of the Lord. Amen
Psalm 118:17

Anonymous said...

Two friends from Beltway of Barbara and Kevin (who are on the 24-7 intercession list and intercessor team at Beltway Park Church) were attending a healing conference in Dallas today(08-16-05).

The speaker said at the end of his message, 'A small child under the age of 12 will be healed of a brain tumor today. Is there anyone here who this might apply to? Is there anyone here who knows of a small child that has had or has a brain tumor. Then come to the front and I want to pray for you. I sense that the LORD will heal him or her completly.'

The two ladies, Julie Boger and Cindy Debusk looked at each other and thought one word, Brock. One of the ladies went forward to be prayed for and went down under the power of Holy Sprirt. Then, the two ladies came immediately to the hospital at 2PM, told Kevin and Barbara what happened, then laid hands on Brock.


We wait on You, LORD.

Anonymous said...

Brock can do all things through Christ who strengthens him. Philippians 4:13
Hey Kevin and Barb that is one of the scriptures that went through my head when I was in ICU, it has become my prayer. I have been praying that over Brock the last couple of nights. I prayed strenght over Brock again today and I began to sing this over Brock but I didn't know all the word so I had to call mom to get the rest of the words so here it is.

His strenght is Perfect So Perfect

I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength. But sometimes I wonder what He can do for me. No great success to show, No glory of my own, yet in my weakness He is there to let me know
Chourus:
His strenght is perfect when our strength is gone. He'll carry us (you) when we (you) can't carry on. Raised in His power the weak (Brock will) becomes strong. His strenght is perfect. His strength is perfect.

We can only know that power that He holds. When we truly see how deep our weakness goes. His strenght it must begin, When ours comes to an end, He hears our humble cry and proves again.

His strenght is perfect when our strength is gone. He'll carry us (you) when we (you) can't carry on. Raised in His power the weak (Brockwill) becomes stong. His strenght is perfect. His strength is perfect.
Cece Winans We Love You and you are always in our thougth and prayers.

Anonymous said...

To my dear friends..........
I am so happy to hear how well Brock is doing! God is so good!
I continue to stand on God's word that Brock is healed! We aknowledged it, then we received it and now we are praising God with thankful hearts!!!!!!
I would like to re-commit to the 24/7 prayer vigil...........
I have been praying from 3:00am-3:30am every day, I would like to take a break from that time for a while and change to 1:00pm to 1:30pm every day.
I am so glad to hear ya'll will be coming home on Sunday.....Praise God!!!!!!!!!!
Love & Blessings,
Angela ######